Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Merhba! My Official Welcome to my Blog...

MERHBA!  (That's "Welcome" in Maltese).

After  toying with the idea of whether or not to start a blog, thinking about why I would start one, questioning do I really have anything to say or share, the word "EXPERIENCE" kept coming to mind.  I realized that I can use this forum to share my "experiences" or my journey, if you will, with family, friends and anyone else interested in a quick, fun read on life in Malta for an American.  I have a place where all of my thoughts and experiences (there's that word again) as a Fulbright scholar, living abroad, working abroad, and all of the in-betweens (the good, the bad, the indifferent and most importantly, the hilariously funny) can be shared for everyone to see.

My one key thing when I decided to take the Fulbright, was that I was doing this not only for myself but for my family and friends as well, as a way to represent them and to acknowledge them for their endless support and love which has helped lead me here (to be completely honest I have a pretty amazing support system).  I always stressed that I would be taking them with me on this new adventure and so now I have a way to take a few more people along for the ride. Okay, enough mushy stuff, what can I promise you with this blog? Well I can promise that there will be days or weeks that I have much more to say than others.  I can promise I will try to make my entires as light-hearted and funny as possible and I promise to share my experiences as honestly as I possibly can, in as mature a way as possible (which sometimes is not the easiest thing to do).

So here is my official welcome to join me on this journey, a journey that will last for another 8 months, as I live the life of a Fulbright scholar (as if it is any different from anyone else's life...well maybe the hours are a little better), explore Malta, reflect on my time here, all the while taking time to travel and explore some other pretty cool places as well.   I will say thank you, in advance, for taking the time to read my blog, share my blog, and for all feedback and comments as they are most welcome.

Well, that is it for now...So Let's Ride!

Malta 2012-2013

~K

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!! I love love your pics on instagram... did I say I love!!! Cause I do!!! Can't wait to read all about your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete